Experts in heating, ventilation and air conditioning recommend having tune-ups two times a year to keep heating and cooling equipment running properly in your Las Cruces, NM home. Regularly maintaining HVAC equipment can reduce energy costs by up to 40 percent depending on the type of system. Regular AC maintenance improves performance and saves energy. Conversely, in poorly maintained systems, energy use can increase as much as 60 percent as performance declines Sun City Plumbing & Heating’s System Care Plan includes two tune-ups each year, discounts on AC repair services and priority service.
Elements of AC Maintenance
During scheduled maintenance, our certified, experienced technicians thoroughly examine, calibrate and clean your HVAC system:
- Check refrigerant levels
- Oil fans and blowers
- Check belts
- Clean evaporator and condenser coils
- Clean or replace air filter
- Inspect electrical system
- Ensure unit cycles properly
- Clean condensate drain and pan
- Calibrate thermostat
- Check ducts for leaks and poor joins
The energy-saving benefits of tune-ups are noticeable:
- Improper refrigerant levels can reduce efficiency by up to 20 percent.
- Cleaning the air filter can lower energy usage by as much as 15 percent.
- Leaking ducts lose up to 40 percent of the conditioned air flowing through them.
- A dirty condenser coil impedes airflow, which affects heat exchange. When coils are dirty, energy consumption can increase by 30 percent.
Saving energy results in lower utility bills and more money in your pocket. In addition, regular maintenance reduces the frequency of breakdowns and costly AC repairs. Heating and cooling equipment is a major investment. Well-maintained equipment lasts longer. Prolonging the life of your system means saving on replacement costs.
The Sun City Plumbing & Heating Advantage
We have served residents of Las Cruces, New Mexico, and nearby communities since 1984. Our technicians are NATE-certified in core competencies and specialties. Our technicians undergo annual training to stay at the leading edge of technology. We put customer service first to ensure that you are satisfied with our work.
For more information about how our maintenance plan can reduce energy consumption and save money, give us a call at (575) 824-7030.