How You Can Have the Best Drinking Water
Good drinking water tastes great, but sometimes, the tap water in Doña Ana has issues with chlorine odors, off-flavors, and discoloration. It may also contain an array of natural and man-made chemicals that can be harmful to your health. Thanks to water filtration systems that are installed under your sink or on your home’s main water line, it’s easy to improve the taste and quality of your tap water.
Contaminants That Affect the Taste of Your Drinking Water
The water quality issues that are preventing you from staying hydrating aren’t in your imagination. According to consumer confidence studies collected by the Environmental Working Group, the municipal water supply in Las Cruces contains nearly 20 pollutants. Issues with the taste, smell or quality of tap water are typically related to specific compounds.
- Iron and manganese cause metallic flavors.
- Sour undertones come from lead and copper, including plumbing lines.
- Briny flavors are associated with magnesium, potassium and other salts.
- Bacteria cause a variety of musty, earthy and sulfuric odors.
- Algae blooms can give tap water a musty or fishy flavor.
- Organic material tends to produce an earthy odor.
- Mothball-like smells are produced by some VOCs.
- Reacted chlorine may have a medicinal taste.
Water Treatment Solutions for Your Tap or Well Water
The best residential water filtration systems use a multipronged approach to remove a comprehensive array of common contaminants. Whether you’re interested in a whole-house water treatment system or an under sink filter, look for a product that has multiple filtration stages.
- Prefilters trap sediment, including rust and limescale, to extend the life of the main filter.
- Reverse osmosis water treatment systems use nanopore membranes to block suspended and dissolved chemicals, which leaves you with pure H20.
- Finally, a carbon filter removes any residual flavors to improve the taste and smell of your drinking water.
Choosing a Water Filtration System
Water filtration isn’t a one-size-fits-all solution. Numerous options are available depending on your goals, your water quality challenges and your budget. To learn more about improving your drinking water, call Sun City Plumbing & Heating at (575) 824-7030.
You May Also Like
Unlike a furnace that has to produce warmth, heat pumps save you money by instead moving heat from one location to another.… Continue Reading 5 Benefits of Heating Your Home With a Heat Pump in Deming, NM…
Indulging in bad plumbing habits could turn your home’s septic system into an emergency waiting to happen. Identifying your bad routines and… Continue Reading 4 Bad Plumbing Habits You Need to Break in Deming, NM…
With its sweltering hot summers and bone-chilling winters, it is not always possible to let in the fresh air when you live… Continue Reading Enjoy Healthier Air with a Whole-House Air Cleaner…