Tips to Keep Your AC System at Its Peak in Summer
This summer, don’t leave your comfort to chance. Keeping your AC system in peak condition is easy. Simple tasks like replacing your HVAC filters every month can shave 15 percent off your cooling bills. Here are eight things that you can do right now to help your AC system power through the desert heat in Las Cruces, New Mexico.
Tips for Helping Your Air Conditioner Run Efficiently
A few simple changes in the way you operate your air conditioner can help it perform more efficiently. For consistent cooling, start by completing preventive maintenance and following efficiency recommendations.
- Inspect your HVAC filter every month, especially if you have pets. Fresh filters increase the airflow rate and reduce the system’s energy use.
- Keep the temperature around 78 degrees. Avoid frequent adjustments, and if you have a programmable thermostat, use eight-hour setback periods when possible.
- For optimal airflow, open all of your HVAC vents. Closing the registers doesn’t save energy, but it may cause performance-reducing pressure imbalances.
- Schedule a tuneup every spring. It’s the most effective way to control your costs and keep your HVAC equipment in peak condition.
Easy Ways to Shrink Your AC Bill
Everyday habits have a tremendous impact on your household energy use. However, even small changes can generate big rewards. The following tips prove that saving money doesn’t have to be difficult.
- When convenient, use a grill, microwave or Crockpot to cook your favorite dishes while keeping your house cool.
- To help your air conditioner perform efficiently, consider installing extra insulation, adding weather stripping or sealing leaky HVAC ducts.
- Use ceiling fans to create a pleasant breeze. For maximum savings, turn the thermostat back by 4 degrees when the fan is running.
- Decorate with light-colored window coverings or reflective shades that can block 80 percent of solar heat.
To improve your air conditioner’s performance, call Sun City Plumbing & Heating at (575) 824-7030. We offer annual maintenance plans and seasonal tune-ups to help you save energy all summer.
You May Also Like
Air handlers can malfunction over time and require repair or replacement. Knowing the signs of a faulty HVAC system is key to… Continue Reading 5 Signs of a Bad Air Handler in Las Cruces, NM…
Heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) systems are essential for preserving indoor comfort. Here’s a look at five factors that impact the… Continue Reading 5 Things That Determine HVAC Efficiency…